"He must increase, but I must decrease."

Sunday, December 6, 2015

I crave foreign language. I realized it last night as I listened to two ladies converse in Spanish. I realized it when I landed back in the States where I was comfortingly surrounded by English yet uncomfortable. I realize it now as my heart aches and my tongue twitches to learn a new language.

I could go out and learn one, perhaps through a program or something, but that just wouldn't be the same. It would lack the hospitality of being invited into another person's world, the laughter of a miss pronounced word, and the joy of finally understanding a phrase.

I suppose along with missing the beauty of other languages, I miss the people that speak them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colossians 4:6
Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one.