"He must increase, but I must decrease."

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Voiceless Intro


This year has been so hectic and crazy; I cannot believe it is already May. It seems just a week ago we were celebrating New Year's. But here we are and God has certainly been teaching me new things and working new things in my life. One of those being opening my heart more and more to those who have no voice. The ones who cannot speak up for themselves, cannot protect themselves. They are many and as God has been revealing more nad more my heart breaks that much more. What can I do? I must do something I cannot sit silently and just watch these things happen. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. said it this way, "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
I do not consider myself a vocal, activist type person, but the time has come to wake from my slumber, to shout from the rooftops what is spoken in secret. I want to be able to say as Job:
    I delivered the poor who cried out,
    The fatherless and the one who had no helper. I put on righteousness, and it clothed me;
    My justice was like a robe and a turban.
    I was eyes to the blind,
    And I was feet to the lame.
    I was a father to the poor,
    And I searched out the case that I did not know.
    I broke the fangs of the wicked,
    And plucked the victim from his teeth.
    Job 29:12, 14-17
And follow the command:
Defend the poor and fatherless;
Do justice to the afflicted and needy.
Deliver the poor and needy;
Free them from the hand of the wicked.
Pslam 82:3-4
Who are these voiceless that God has placed so heavily on my heart? That is a question I hope to answer in the posts to come but the short answer is slaves, orphans and the unborn. These people are not able to speak up or defend themselves. I pray God would give me the voice to speak for them in whatever capasity He chooses. Today it will be here...
Through Christ
Lady B


The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.Edmund Burke


No comments:

Post a Comment

Colossians 4:6
Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one.