"He must increase, but I must decrease."

Monday, February 25, 2013

This Morning

As I sit here I'm not sure what to do or think. My mind is in a daze and my stomach can't decide if it's in knots or going to let me eat. How can evil carry on in the world and no one say anything about it or try to stop it. Where are the men and women of God who will stand against the enemy and rescue the innocents?
Last night I stayed up late reading The Slave Across the Street. It was not until I awoke this morning, not until I began to retell her story that the full impact of what I had read hit me.
What can I do? What is my voice among the many? There are many speaking up, aren't there? I tried listening/singing worship music to take my mind off of it and focus more on Christ but that only seemed as though I was trying to block it out, like it was too loud. That made me feel worse. What can I do?!?
Maybe there are many speaking out already. Maybe adding just one more voice won't do anything. Maybe. But what if it does? What if one more voice is what it takes to end slavery? Ten more? Twenty more? What if my one, small, insignificant voice is what God uses to "let His people go"? Will I choose to sit quietly and let that pass? I cannot be blind any long. My eyes have been opened and now I have a responsibility.
I will be a voice to these Voiceless in whatever way I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colossians 4:6
Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one.