"He must increase, but I must decrease."

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick’s Day

shamrock

I had quite a lovely St. Patrick’s Day and I hope you all did as well! 

This is my favourite holiday!  Maybe it has to do with my Irish roots, but I know a big part of it is the man this day is for.  Have you ever actually studied St. Patrick?  The things he had to go through were incredible.  I will not go into it, but this man was kidnapped, taken to a foreign land (he is originally from what is now Scotland) for several years, finally escaped and returned home only to go back to the people (after several years) who enslaved him so he could share the gift of God that would make them free!
Today is not really a day of green, shamrocks and luck, but a day to remember the man who brought the truth of Christ to a dark land once ruled by evil. He impacted history in more than one way. Take time to learn more about the man who's day we celebrate!

Through Christ,

Lady B

PostScript- Today also marks the first holiday as a couple for Mr. Knightley and I!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I found your blog by doing some blog-surfing and I'm glad I did. I'm your newest follower and I hope that you'll check out my blog as well.

    www.inletsandharbors.blogspot.com

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Colossians 4:6
Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one.