"He must increase, but I must decrease."

Monday, May 28, 2012

Ukraine…If I can

So I am a little slack but I promised a post about Ukraine so here it goes.
My heart was broken, I fell in love, my heart was broken, and I fell in love some more (okay that sounds kind of cheesy but oh well).
That is what I wrote in an email to a friend.  And yes it is cheesy, but it is, oh so true!
I along with seven others (we met up with two in Kiev) embarked on a trip to Kiev, Ukraine on March 23, 2012.  A trip to help change lives in which our own were changed.
First let’s get our group introduced-
DSCN1516 Bro. Steve, Bro. David, Bro. Randy, Mike, Ms. Tina, Bro. Jerry (not pictured), Jerry and yours truly.
Friday, March 23, 2012 began as any other day except that it was not.  I was  still shocked.  Was it really the day?  Was I really headed to Ukraine?   I was so in awe of what God had done.  I almost cannot count the number of times I wrote in my journal “I cannot believe I’m on my way to Ukraine.”   We left that afternoon and it was quite an uneventful trip…or not.  We got to the airport two hours early only to find that our flight was under a two hour delay.  That’s okay, God had a plan; plus we actually got to know each other a little better.
DSC00693Hanging out, waiting, calling people to let them know our progress :P
We finally arrived in Atlanta (knowing we missed our connecting flight to Paris) .  The next flight to Paris was to be Saturday afternoon so our airline paid for rooms (and food) for all of us.  Everyone had their own room and we were not all in the same hotel.  It was quite the experience for me.  Here I am the youngest person on this trip (by twenty years at least- not counting Jerry who is 28) and only having done this once with my youth group.  I was a little taken aback but really excited. 
Ms. Tina, Bro, David and I caught our shuttle to the Crown Plaza.  Remember I said God had a plan for us being late, well there was one other person on there as well- a young soldier.  We were able to talk.  He was on his way back to Afghanistan and he told he is an agnostic but he was looking for answers.  Bro. David gave him a tract and shared a little with him.  Unfortunately we did not catch his name nor see him again but I pray that he finds The Answer to his questions and some how we were able to point him in that direction.  Please pray for him as he is there right now I am sure.  Pray that is eyes and heart would be open to the truth.
Ukraine Mar 2012 010What a lovely place to meet with my Jesus
Saturday, March 24, 2012 was rather uneventful.  After a lovely morning we set off back to the airport arrived two hours early and finally made it onto the plan.  The flight was almost uneventful but for one thing…oops
Yep, we were trying to fix the air vents and they just dropped- just ours.  Thankfully they just had to come put them back in and we were not delayed or anything.  The rest of the trip was uneventful and we made it safely to Paris.  From there we went to Kiev.  DSC00708
To be continued….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colossians 4:6
Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one.