"He must increase, but I must decrease."

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Update

This is rather a mix of things (from news to blog happenings to sewing) but that is okay.

Two posts ago I asked you to please pray for my nanny.  Thank you for your prayers.  She died Sunday morning.  Nanny loved to sing and I know she is singing her praises with the angels!

sunbeams1

I know I am quite behind on this but…over at Feelin’ Feminine they are having a Jane Austen tour (exciting is it not)!  They are hosting all kinds of Austen related things, so meander on over and check it out!  I did not think I would get to join in until…

I finished the dress I have been working on for a few months!  This is my first dress/outfit I have ever made.  And I did it without a pattern!  I am quite excited about it!  Here are a few pictures of it…

first dress blogfirst dress blog3first dress blog2 

I hope to do a better photo shoot with it, maybe outside.  The inspiration was a tent dress received from my former employer.  I discovered that by tying a ribbon just under my bust it created the look of a Regency style dress!  I do not know what the fabric used is because it was something I found lying around the house.  The shirt was another Goodwill find (my favourite store).

What made the dress even more special was that I was able to wear it to our pastor’s last Sunday as our pastor.  He served our church  for twenty-eight years; his leadership will be greatly missed.

Well, what do you think?  I would like to hear your input good or bad!

I hope you all have a lovely day!

Through Christ,

Lady Helen

5 comments:

  1. Lady Helen, I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your nanny. :( But at least she's in Heaven now!

    The dress you made is so beautiful! I'm hoping to make my first dress soon too. Did you have to add buttons or a zipper?

    Blessings, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Although it is difficult to make sure, I believe you have a regency inspired updo? Am I correct? If so you did a really nice job! The entire outfit is gorgeous!

    Blessings,
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its really nice!
    I like that its blue (Im a sucker for blue things!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eden~ Thank you so much. I only wish I had really known her. I did not use any type of closure. It is basically a shapeless dress hanging from the shoulders.

    Sonja~ Yes, you are correct! Thank you, I followed the directions posted at Feelin' Feminine.

    Milisande Awnia Grim~ Thank you, I can be too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the dress! And your hair is lovely... reminds me of Catherine's in Northanger Abbey.

    ReplyDelete

Colossians 4:6
Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one.