"He must increase, but I must decrease."

Monday, April 26, 2010

God will move. Will we?

I met a lady at the beginning of this semester and the first thing I thought after talking with her was "She is the one I am here to reach" or something along those lines. It turned out she was in one of my classes, and I could have had many times to invite her to church. Over Easter I really felt like God wanted me to invite her to our Easter program but I did not. We just had friend day at our curch and again I felt that I should really invite her to church. I even talked to her after class but did not invite her. Well today as we were leaving class she asked me if I went to church anywhere! I was excited but then I found out she has been looking for somewhere to go to church with her daughter. All this semester I was to busy with myself or the thought of being uncomfortable, and she was seeking. I am so thankful God was patient and still able to use me but so sad that it took so long. My desire is to be a door-holder, but how can I be if I am too busy on the inside?

1 comment:

  1. Helen, that's so true. Thank you for the reminder! I found your blog from Feminine Farmgirl's sidebar and thought to stop by. Hope you're having a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Colossians 4:6
Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one.