"He must increase, but I must decrease."

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Guest Post: I am such an 'invalid" but healing, help, and hope came from ABOVE.

by Sherry L. (BelovedMrsMom) on Tuesday, July 24, 2012 at 7:14am

John 5....the blind, the lame, the paralyzed....THIS IS me, I am: Blind: I can't see clearly Lame: I can't "Walk in the SPIRIT" Paralyzed: by rejection, insecurity, fear, pain, worry, etc.

I am, spiritually speaking, an 'invalid': 1. a person weak or disabled by injury or illness 2. a person who is too sick or weak to care for themself 3. in poor or weakened condition 4. to remove from or classify as not able to perform active service 5. also, incapacitated by illness or injury ((I have so much more on these definitions, but time won't allow me to share all that now)) * History/origin of this word: NOT strong

John 5: first as I read, I noticed that JESUS was the ONE who FOUND this man, not the other way around, JESUS spoke to him --- as HE still speaks to us -- see how this man responded to HIS Voice. The man, an invalid, like me, is lying around waiting for what? Healing? Help? Hope? JESUS speaks, "Do you want to get well?" I would emphasize it this way, "Do you WANT to get well?" As I read this passage this morning, JESUS said, Sherry, do you WANT to get well?" I immediately cried out, "YES! oh, yes LORD, I DO." I'm tired of being an invalid, I was NOT created to live like this (spiritually speaking here).

Okay, now, some of us might think that JESUS' question was strange, "do you want to get well?" How many of us would be thinking, "Well, DUH!" But truth be known, if we were honest, not everyone WANTS to get well.......NOW don't let satan put anyone else in your mind right now but yourself!

So, this morning my "DADDY", my Heavenly FATHER took me straight to this passage of SCRIPTURE and showed me that I am an invalid, blind, lame, and paralyzed, just lying around waiting for someone to pick me up, apologize, accept me, forgive me, ask me to forgive them, to undo what's been done to me or undo what I've done.I read those words while an hour or so ago, the words of my SAVIOR this morning, "Do you WANT to get well?" and I immediately said, "OH YES, PLEASE" ((but how many times in the past few days, weeks, years, has HE asked me this and I did NOT hear HIS VOICE?)) .

Now in our passage, the invalid doesn't immediately say, "YES!" first he responds with why he can't get well......BUT......and his excuse is, "I have no one to help me" (none of us can say this honestly) and then a little bit of the blame game to go with his helping of excuses, "I try but someone else....." ((I'm sure this doesn't sound like ANY of us, now does it?))Now if you were in my SS class the last few weeks, you probably heard me give an excuse with a very subtle hint of the blame game....I may have said something like, "I don't understand why ...." and added, "I keep asking forgiveness from them and trying to figure out exactly what I did, but..." ((now I never thought I was whining, just asking for help, but maybe someone else in my class heard whining and excuses, if not, I'm sure GOD did.)) I was looking at my situation with "blind eyes" and I allowed my blindness to make me "lame" or keep me from 'walking in the SPIRIT' and well, I let all this paralyze me. I've been paralyzed by rejection, insecurity, fear, worry, and emotional pain. ((have you ever seen a blind person afraid to walk/move)). NOW, WHOA....seriously? How did JESUS respond to this poor, pitiful, blind, lame, paralyzed, invalid?

JESUS simply told him, "GET UP!....WALK...." ((GET UP and walk in the SPIRIT Sherry))Our tendency as humans who can't see the WHOLE picture is to think, "WHAT?" but JESUS does see ALL, yesterday, today and EVERY SINGLE tomorrow! HE knows that a man or woman NOT "walking in the SPIRIT is like dead! We WERE dead BEFORE we got saved but after JESUS became our SAVIOR, HE made us NEW CREATIONs, NOW we are meant to walk in the SPIRIT, run the race HE marked out for us, FLY like on eagles wings!So, as much as we KNOW JESUS loves all by HIS actions, leaving HIS Home in Heaven and showing us in HIS greatest example of Love, the CROSS...when when JESUS says to this man and to me and to ALL of us, "GET UP! and "WALK!" it's because HE loves us and knows that not only is it BEST! but it IS possible too. Because, "HE heals the brokenhearted, HE caused the blind to see, HE made the lame to walk again, and HE'll do the same for me, and YOU TOO.

" . my time has run out for now, but an End Note to this as I kept reading, later on JESUS found the man and said, "SEE, you are well again. Stop sinning...." So, if you could see my Facebook profile this morning, I had a status that said something like, oops...I failed at this Phil. 4:8 so I need to go and sit with my DADDY, HE will fix me, well when I sat down with HIM and HIS WORD open, it's always good to have the WORD to make sure what we think and hear doesn't contradict WHO HE IS....anyway, I did got sit with HIM, and this is what HE showed me this morning, I shared because I hope someone else can be blessed by my weakness, because:
*""he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. ” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.""

Other verses HE brought to mind while reading, just some of them are:
Galatians 5:16, 22-25
Hebrews 12:1-3
Isaiah 40:31
""let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 2 Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. ""

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colossians 4:6
Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one.