"He must increase, but I must decrease."

Monday, October 24, 2011

Did You Know Columbus was a Christian?

  "It was the Lord who put into my mind (I could feel His hand upon me)...that it would be possible to sail from here to the Indies. All who heard of my project rejected it with laughter... [But] There is no question that the inspiration was from the Holy Spirit, because He comforted me with rays of marvelous inspiration from the Holy Scriptures..."   

(Columbus, Christopher. August 3, 1492, as recounted by Bartolome' de Las Casas. Samuel Eliot Morison,   Admiral of the Ocean Sea (Boston: Little, Brown & Co., 1942), p. 149. John Eidsmoe, Columbus & Cortez, Conquerors for Christ (Green Forest, AR: New Leaf Press, 1992), p. 106.)

No one should fear to undertake any task in the name of our Saviour, if it is just and if the intention is purely for His holy service...
            Oh, what a gracious Lord, who desires that people should perform for Him those things for which He holds Himself responsible.

~Christopher Columbus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colossians 4:6
Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one.