"He must increase, but I must decrease."

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Realization

Today I met a World Race alumni that lives in my town and attends the seminary. It was, in human terms, completely by chance. My church was not having service due to working in the community. I ended up following a group of friends to their church, after some nudging from the Holy Spirit, where thie fellow Racer shared about what God has her doing now.

Today after church I read some World Race blogs, they made me cry and long for that life and community. I miss the depths of trust and relationship with God and people. I miss the miracle stories and the fun adventures. I'm proud of the ones I love who are still out on the field or have returned there.
Today while settling in for some focused homework time I received a message from a friend asking if I'd be willing to connect with her sister who is interested in going on the World Race. Excitedly I said yes. I love talking about the moment that God used to completely change the direction of my life and do more work in my heart than I thought possible in just short of a year.

Today I am dreaming of and longing for the world, for adventure, for deeper depths with/into Christ. Today I am reminded that I was created for much more than sitting still and watching.
Today God reminded me of the joy I had when I fully trusted Him with reckless abandon and put action to it.
That is who I want to be. I want to be a girl so devoted to God and His word and so in love with my Savior that I have no fears and caution is thrown to the winds. I believe God has led me here this far, but I have allowed the ideas, the concerns, the "safety" of culture to overshadow the truth of His freedom and calling. I have convinced myself I need to be frozen in place to complete the task given me.
It is not true.

I can move freely in the calling God has laid before me. These paths are new, but they are still laid by the same One who called me to the world, to be wild in my love for Him, and to live out joy. I can do all those even as I fulfill His right now plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Colossians 4:6
Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one.